Safety and Security Supervisor
Share or Send this Job using the links below
To promote a safe and productive workplace by increasing safety awareness, monitoring and auditing BLI’s safety systems, reporting safety statistics, and providing safety training. The Safety Supervisor will collaborate with all facility personnel and contractors.
- Support Company policies, procedures, goals, and objectives to promote a safe, productive workplace.
- Ensure compliance with environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Support line management in the improvement of safety awareness and performance.
- Respond to employee concerns.
- Maintain and analyze injury/illness records and reports.
- Conduct routine safety audits plant wide.
- Continuously improve safety systems that are currently in place.
- Monitor/audit site safety systems and report findings.
- Report accidents/incidents to SAIF, Workers’ Compensation Carrier.
- Provide line management with pertinent safety information.
- Assist Management/HR in the Safety/Security investigation process.
- Conduct and support Company’s Safety Programs.
- Develop and conduct training programs for employees, contractors, etc.
- Hazard Identification.
- Conduct safety training for employees.
- Ground and facility audits, request work orders and educate on safety and security.
- Perform tasks as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Safety related field is preferred.
- Proficient in MS Word, and Excel.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Must be able to communicate verbal and written in English; Spanish is a plus.
- Frequently required to talk, hear and communicate with others in English.
- Frequent sitting, walking, bending, and squatting.
- Ability to sit and perform work on a computer or at a desk.
- Use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must be prepared to be standing and/or walking for up to 13 hours.
- Safety coaching or disciplinary action, as needed.