Share or Send this Job using the links below
Responsible for running specified equipment and contributing skills and expertise to the production line to run efficiently and effectively. The Operator duties are an essential part of our daily operation; learning and applying established practices and established standards is expected. As a member of the productions team, Operators take an active role in the areas of safety, quality and productivity, and must insist on team accountability and trust.
- Operates in groups and monitors processes within an assigned are of responsibility.
- Loads and unloads product from machines and conveyors.
- Feeds product through production equipment.
- Monitors and inspects product to verify food safety and quality standards.
- Transfers raw materials, tools, or equipment between storage areas and work areas by hand or using pallet jacks or powered lift trucks.
- Communicates with supervisors and other leaders concerning safety, quality, and processing issues.
- Removes product, machine attachments or waste material from machines.
- Responsible for reporting food safety issues following established SOPs and GMPs.
- Seeks guidance and clarifies target expectations with lead and Supervisor and manages time and daily activities to align with line goals.
- Operates and diagnoses issues in the process, along with BUL and others to achieve goals/targets.
- Leads daily huddles with production staff for the specified production line.
- Understand and follow SOPs and GMPs that pertain to your area.
- Must follow all safety requirements.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Must obtain flexibility with schedule.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Must be fluent in English and additional languages such as Spanish are a plus.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English
- Ability to move from one task to another with minimal distraction.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Frequently required to talk, hear and communicate with others in English.
- Must be able to read and understand product Formula Sheets.
- Frequent standing, sitting, walking, bending, and squatting.
- Use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to push/pull 1,000 lbs. or more, using a pallet jack.
Other Duties as Assigned: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive, but to serve as a guideline. Management retains the right to determine additions or changes to job responsibilities.