Share or Send this Job using the links below
Directs and coordinates activities of workers engaged in repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment, and in maintenance of buildings, grounds, and utility systems of the plant, or other establishments by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
- Oversees Preventative Maintenance Program to ensure timely maintenance of equipment and facility.
- Maintain condition of facility and equipment to ensure food safety and prevent potential contamination.
- Supports production startup and change over to new products.
- Develops preventive maintenance program in conjunction with engineering and maintenance staff.
- Prioritizes and schedules repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment to ensure continuous production operations.
- Coordinates activities of workers fabricating or modifying machines, tools, or equipment to manufacture new products or improve existing products.
- Directs maintenance activities on utility systems to provide continuous supply of heat, steam, electric power, gas, or air required for operations.
- Reviews production, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance activities.
- Inspects operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards.
- Plans, develops, and implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of labor and materials.
- Reviews new product plans and discusses equipment needs and modifications with design engineers.
- Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies required for operations.
- Directs training and indoctrination of workers to improve work performance and acquaint workers with company policies and procedures.
- Confers with management, engineering, and quality control personnel to resolve maintenance problems and recommend measures to improve operations and conditions of machines and equipment.
- Directs workers engaged in painting and performing structural repairs to masonry, woodwork, and furnishings of buildings.
- Works closely with Sanitation to fix problems found and to make sure they are properly applying GMP’s to processing equipment.
- Directs workers engaged in ground maintenance activities such as mowing lawns, trimming hedges, removing weeds, and raking and disposing of leaves and refuse.
- Ensures that all work (production & maintenance) is performed in accordance with OSHA/MIOSHA standards , including Lock-Out Tag-Out procedures.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent; or five to 10 years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of five years’ experience in a maintenance environment with progressive responsibilities.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Fluent in additional languages such as Spanish.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Frequently required to talk, hear and communicate with others in English.
- Frequent sitting, walking, bending, and squatting.
- Ability to sit and perform work on a computer or at a desk.
- Use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Manages employees in their day-to-day activities by assigning priorities and tasks.
Other Duties as Assigned: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive, but to serve as a guideline. Management retains the right to determine additions or changes to job responsibilities.