Not just a breakfast bar, but perfect for an afternoon snack, these Peanut Butter Zucchini Breakfast Bars are a great way to load up on healthy nutritious vegetables and nuts.
- 2-3 very ripe, organic bananas (about 1 cup mashed)
- 1 cup shredded organic zucchini
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup or sweetener of your choice (date syrup, molasses, honey)
- 1 ½ cup Betty Lou’s powdered peanut butter
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Nuts, Seeds, Berries!!! (Be Creative!)
Make it like this...
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Spray 9x9 baking dish with nonstick spray (I used coconut oil)
- Squeeze the liquid out of your shredded zucchini. (You can use cheesecloth or paper towels)
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas. Mix in the zucchini, sweetener (I used 1 ½ Tbsp molasses, 1 ½ Tbsp honey) and vanilla.
- Add the gluten-free oats, peanut butter powder, salt, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda. (To make less salty, add less salt! I also threw in some nutmeg for flavor)
- Spread mixture evenly into prepared baking dish
- Place in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, depending how soft you like your bars
- Remove bars and let cool. For a little more peanut butter flavor, drizzle with more Just Great Stuff!
Try some of these...
- Combine your shredded zucchini with other squash or carrots
- Add some chia or flax seeds
- Almonds, Coconut Flakes, Pumpkin Seeds.....any nut or seeds your heart desires!
- Dried fruit!
- Try pumpkin spice, nutmeg or a blend of seasonings for different flavors!
- Betty Lou’s powdered chocolate peanut butter